Recent Comments Widget with Hide Author Comments function For Blogger

A few days ago, Mrpolie asked if there's a way to hide the author comments in the Recent Comments widget so that we would be able to see only readers' comments and our replies to be hidden. So, in this post I'll be sharing with you the Recent Comments widget that comes with this function. If you want to show just blog readers' comments rather than yours, you have just to change "Blogger User" text with the surname under which you are posting.

recent comments widget, recent comments, blogger

The main features of this recent comments widget:

- You'll be able to hide your comments
- Change the avatar size
- Set the number of comments to display
- Set the length of comment for the widget to display

Recent Comments Widget with Hide Author Function



Step 1. From your Blogger Dashboard, go to Layout and click on Add a Gadget link


Step 2. In the pop-up window, choose the HTML/JavaScript widget


Step 3. Copy-paste the following code:

Recent Comments Widget with Round Avatars: 

Click to see the code

Recent Comments Widget With Post Titles (no avatars): 

Click to see the code

Some changes before saving it.

- to set the number of comments to be shown, change the "5" value from the orange line
- for the number of characters, change the "67" (for the 2nd widget, it is 95) value from the green line
- to hide your comments, replace the Blogger User text TWICE with your username
- to change the size of avatar, change "50" from the blue line.
- if you don't want rounded avatars, delete this line:

-webkit-border-radius: 100px;-moz-border-radius: 100px;border-radius: 100px;
Step 4. Save your widget and you're done!

26 comments:

  1. I've tried the script, and it works. Now I have a good recent comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, i won't take it. It's too long, too many code, too many script, and i hate script. But nice post brother, keep up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of code and script, but on my blog does not cause the blog to be slow at the time of loading.

      Delete
  3. Just a problem on my website with this widget : it disable the lightbox function on the images, maybe JQuery interactions?

    Any solution to get them work together?

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. My former widget stopped working today, and after trying some 10 other widgets, this was the only that worked! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i applied to my blog it worked but as now i switched to Google+ comments it has stopped. what do i do to solve this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mtango,

      Sorry but this widget is compatible only with Blogger comments, so if you want it to work again, then you have to disable Google+ Comments - from your dashboard, click on Google+ and uncheck the "Use Goggle+ Comments on this blog". Thanks for the visit! :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks that very helpful my site look better now. Good working and best tutorial ever. I bookmarking your site to next referent. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much!!
    It's work on my site ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems it hid some of my comments but not all. I can still see my authors comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much,it worked on my site...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this widget. It is very useful. Since yesterday though I noticed that it doesn't show the latest comments but it picks them randomly. I linked my blog to G+ and had to change the name I signed my comments. This way some of my oldest comments show up in the widget. Is there a way to avoid somebody's comments to be displayed (which means my comments but with my older username un23 ilaria)? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excuse me for my bad English I'm French Thanks for this post it helped me a lot

    http://softwareofnet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to ask such a question, but what do you mean by "your name" - "to hide your comments, replace the Blogger User text TWICE with your name".
    Thanks to you, I just changed my old, not working recent comments widget to the ones that is finally working and looks great. I just would like to hide "my own/authors comment".
    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to mean the Blogger username. Sorry for the misunderstanding :)

      Delete
  13. Thanks for the work to build this comment widget. It's real nice and is appreciated. I've one request though (when you have the time). I've tried everything i can to make the 'post title' link be underlined only on mouseover. Found some css tips online to do that but when added to the css style for the widget they change the links on the whole blog instead of just the post-title links on the comment widget. Cannot seem to get it to work for just the widget.

    So, wondering how to make that work, and thanks in advance if you would explain how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tom,

      You can make only the recent comments header underlined ("username" commented on "post title") using the current script by adding the .rc-header a:hover {text-decoration: underline;} inside the <style> tag, like this:
      <style>
      .rc-header a:hover {text-decoration: underline;};
      </style>

      If you want to make only the post title underlined, I've made some modifications to the original script, so you need to replace the code that you added with this one: click here

      I hope this will work for you. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  14. Admin,

    Thanks for that and for the fast reply also.
    Works great, adds the finishing touch i was looking for. tm

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hye... Thanks to your tuto its work ^__^
    btw I'm delete the recent comment widget that link to your blog.. will you be fine if I'm delete it? since I'm credit using your tutorial in my blog already ^__^ (you can look at the bottom left at credit section)
    I wish you don't mind thanks ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you so much! I can now switch between hiding my own comments or "Anonymous" comments on my recent comments widget. CooL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for this post.
    I was able to hide my own comments using the code you have shared here- here .

    However, I would also love the following two to be displayed-
    1. Avatars of the commentators
    2. 10 most recent comments

    Could you please help me with the code?

    Regards,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks...this works great but my comment still displays and I use Google+ profile to comment how can I get my comments out of the widget.
    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete