Ways To Increase Page Impressions and Traffic on Your Blog
What is a Google AdSense "Page Impression"?Basically, the page impressions or page views means how much time a user stays on your website and how many pages are visited. This is one of the most important things when talking about advertising. Page impressions are the result of good high quality traffic which is mostly based on the quality of the content available on your blog/website. If you create high quality content, then people will enjoy navigating through your site and, therefore, create page views.
In general, AdSense reports show the following fields of information:
- Page Impression or how many times the page or pages containing the AdSense advertisement was shown to your blog/website visitors
- Clicks - the number of times visitors clicked on an advertisement from your site
- Page CTR - The click-through rate of an advertisement is defined as the number of clicks on an ad divided by the number of times the ad is shown (impressions), expressed as a percentage. (1) In most cases, a 2% click-through rate would be considered successful, though the exact number is hotly debated.
- CPC - is the Cost Per Click. This is how much Google pays you per click.
- Estimated earnings - your account balance for the time period selected. This amount is an estimate that is subject to change when your earnings are verified for accuracy at the end of every month.(2)
Below are some ways that could help you to increase the page impressions:
How to Increase Page Impressions and Traffic to your Blog
1. Use a Navigation MenuCreate a navigation structure that is clear and easy to follow. You want to make sure that once you have a visitor, they can easily make it to the other parts of your blog. Creating links within your blog pages is one of the best ways to increase the number of impressions for your website.
2. Use Posts Summary on HomepageAnother good method to increase the page views is to have a summary of your posts on your blog or site homepage. That will force visitors to click on read more button in order to see the full article. To show only a part (snippet) of Blogger posts, see this tutorial: Automatic Posts Summaries for Blogger with Thumbnails.
3. Improve Blog/Website Load TimeIf the site pages are loading too slowly, then visitors will eventually lose patience and stop visiting more pages. A blog that has fast loading pages makes the browsing experience more enjoyable and encourages more clicks.
4. Add a Popular Posts widgetAnother great way to engage your readers stay more on your site and browse through your content for more page views is to add a Popular Posts Widget that will display the most visited posts on your blog.
If you missed it, here are some popular posts widgets for your Blogger blog that might want to add:
5 Popular Posts widget styles for Blogger
Popular Posts widget above Blogger Posts
Multi-Colored Popular Posts widget
5. Add a Random Posts WidgetIf you have loyal readers who visit your blog on a daily basis, a popular posts widget might become boring since they see it everyday featuring the same posts. Meanwhile, a random posts widget will mix the posts so that the chance for a post to repeat will be very low.
Want to add a Random Posts Widget in your Blogger blog? Then, please check out this tutorial: Random Posts widget with thumbnails for Blogger.
6. Using a Related Posts widget at the end of the postDisplaying related posts is a smart way for keeping your site visitors around. The widget links to blog posts that are relevant and interesting to readers of a specific topic, thus keeping them engaged and increasing the traffic on your blog.
If you don't have a related posts widget on your blog yet, see this tutorial: How to add Related Posts widget with thumbnails to Blogger.
7. Add internal links to your content using related anchor textOne way to increase page impressions and traffic on your blog is to include a link in a new post to related information from a previous post. When you link to a previous post that you published, it is highly recommended to choose the right keywords, rather than generic words (avoid using text like "click here for more"). Adding links to previous posts will make your visitors visit these posts and automatically lead to more page impressions.
8. Share links to posts on your social media profiles or forumsShare your blog post links on Facebook, Twitter, or any other sites or popular forums. Answer to relevant questions on the internet. But be careful to not be too intrusive and always try to give pertinent info. You wouldn't want to support or be considered as a spammer, don't you?
9. Add a search boxMany websites don't have a search box. As a result, the visitors will leave the site if they didn't find anything further relevant. For best results, you can use the Google custom search widget or try one of these 6 custom search boxes for Blogger.
10. Add Social Media IconsGive your readers multiple options to like and share your posts via Facebook or any other social networking site. Include social icons at the end of your post or in the sidebar to make them stand out and be found easily.
11. Use a light background and readable fontsAvoid dark backgrounds, tiny and sophisticated fonts, and make your content visually appealing and easier to read. If your main purpose is to deliver a message and get the visitors reading your stuff, then you should make this process comfortable for them. Here you can read more on how to upload and use custom fonts in Blogger.
12. AdvertisingAnd finally, getting people to your site may just be a matter of getting the word out. By using pay-per-click advertising, you can create an inexpensive advertising campaign to get more people to your site.
Following these tips may increase your blog's page views, which will build more blog traffic in the future. Good luck!